Brewing cider in thailand -

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyrat

Reaction score
Hhey guys, i am living in chiang mai at the moment, the weather is perfect for cider, i can seem to find any though, so what better excuse than to start brewing my own cider, right ?

i have ran into a few problems, problem one is i down have a valve for my drum, i think i should be able to make shift one

and problem 2 is i cant find and champagne yeast, or any other kind of brewing yeast, if anyone knows of any alternatives or anywhere i could buy these items in chiang mai, it would be greatly appreciated,

cheerio.

peter

Well, an airlock isn't super necessary, but if you can make a makeshift one that would be best. Once it's totally done fermenting, you can pretty much just cover it up while it ages. As for yeast, dry yeast is available online and is very cheap to ship so that really would be best, but if that's not an option, bread yeast makes a decent mead- not sure how it would work in cider but you could give it a try. Another option may be to find a bottle conditioned beer and grow up some yeast from the bottom of that bottle and save it each time you make a batch.

Back