Stainless Steel Tap Handle Ferrules?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PfOStudio

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can find stainless steel ferrules or even solid aluminum ferrules in this style (but silver colored)?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FOG80C/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I'm a glass artist who made a series of 16 solid glass tap handles for my friends who own Minocqua Brewing Co. in Minocqua, WI

My taps have clear and transparent color througout them and I dont want to have to drill in them and see the hardware inside.

I use a very strong UV adhesive which need machined flat surfaces to properly adhear. I used chrome plated ferrules from Kegworks which due to the plating were slightly rounded at their connection points.

I ground the ferrules flat which in turn exposed the underlying copper and now after a year and a half of working and looking great, the copper underneath is beginning to corrode and the ferrules are beginning to come off the handles (or vice versa depending on how you look at it).

Thanks for any help you can give me,
Steve

8038-tap-handle-dark-amber-brown-e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think your best bet is to have a machine shop make them to your specs.

Just wanted to tell you that is one sweeeeeet tap handle!
:mug:

You said you ground them flat, and they worked great until the corrosion, right?

Couldn't you just send them out to be chromed? I would imagine any local Harley shop could point you towards a Chrome shop.

Back