Need help..anybody have knowledge on turkey fryer regulators?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbeerbeer123

Reaction score
I have this old turkey fryer(need propane) that i want to put into use,only thing is its been outside for quite a while and some parts are rusty..I removed the regulator/hose to inspect it..the hose itself looks fine..the brass end that goes to the burner looks fine..but the end that screws to the propane is rusty and the burner itself rusty as well..I get extra cautious with these things never use them..I usually used my stove which had enough power for full boils but sandy took that..anyway if anybody has knowledge on these things i will apprieciate some help.. thanks

ya just have to be careful on uneven burning.. I'm currently struggling with that myself. need to get a new burner because one side burns better than the others.. I'm sure it's because of rust and what not as well.

ya just have to be careful on uneven burning.. I'm currently struggling with that myself. need to get a new burner because one side burns better than the others.. I'm sure it's because of rust and what not as well.

Is the uneven burning a hazard? Or just does not produce a rolling boil?

I still create a rolling boil.. but i also create hotspots on my kettle.. which from my understanding causes problems...

I am in no means a scholar on the subject tough. :)

I still create a rolling boil.. but i also create hotspots on my kettle.. which from my understanding causes problems...

I am in no means a scholar on the subject tough. :)

What model turkey fryer do you have?..I have the bayou classic 55,000 btu one..hope it works

Latest posts

Back