bottle conditioning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Born Brewing Co.

Reaction score
After the 2 week bottle conditioning should all the bottles go into the fridge? Or I assume when you find a point that they taste pretty good they should all go into the fridge at that point to halt any further conditioning. Am I correct in my thinking? I have an IPA that has been in a box in the basement that doesn't taste as good as it did three weeks ago. Should I have put all the bottles in the fridge 3 weeks ago when I thought the taste was perfect. They now have a slight rubbing alcohol aftertaste. Or is it alright to keep your beers in a case in the basement (cool & dark) until you get around to drinking them?

i'm sure there will be many schools of thought on this one - but for guys like me who have quite a stockpile of brew - it would be most difficult for me to refriderate all of it at once without some expenditures.

so i keep mine in a very dark and cool place untill i get ready to drink them.

Brewhead, that's my situation as well. I have more beer than I have fridge space for. I tend to brew every other week or so, and can't drink it as fast as I brew it.

Back