WeldLess O RINGS?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esmitee

Reaction score
Is there a gospel side to place the silicon O rings on any weldless bulkhead fitting?
I find that I seen them on the inside, and on the outside of the vessels?

I would figure they would be best on the inside. #1 to stop any liquid to make it to the outside. #2 Not to burn, melt or char them from flame.

I have also seen bulkhead "Instructions" on websites telling you where to place it, And then in pictures on the same website, showing it the opposite side. ???

I'm setting up a keggle now.

Pictures are a great tool to me, and are worth a 1000 words !

I have put mine on the outside in the locknut and have had no issues. The only reason why I would say to put it on the outside is because it would make it easier to clean the inside of the kettle, IMO.

BargainFittings.com keg weldless bulkhead kit. All of my kettle bulkheads are this kit and none of them have ever leaked. It's SS washers on outside as needed and o-ring plus grooved lock-nut on inside, hand-tighten, done.

For coolers I've always had to use a flat silicone washer made from a small baby-bottle nipple, and apply a lot of pressure to the assembly, no leaks on two coolers this way. The silicone washer/gasket has a SS washer behind it and the locknut behind that.

Back