Blank labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veggiess

Reaction score
Where is a good place to get cheap, blank labels for my homebrew? Also, are most of you guys using a program to design your labels, and if so, what is it? Thanks!

:tank:

veggiess said:
Where is a good place to get cheap, blank labels for my homebrew? Also, are most of you guys using a program to design your labels, and if so, what is it? Thanks!

:tank:

For labels, I used to use the 5th and Vine blank sheet and then print, cut, wet and stick. They didn't stick for crap..but they came off easy. Now I use Avery #8163 2"x4" SmudgeProof Inkjet Labels. They work great and are easy to stick on....getting them off is not much tougher than commercial labels.

As for design, my method is more low-tech....I use Powerpoint. But I still get decent results. Just check my threads in the label forum.

-Todd

its not fair for those not with university access... but we are allotted 80 color prints per semester... so at the end of the year, i printed out as many labels i coudl for all of my backstock and printed them out on university money. a gluestick works perfectly, and the labels come of eeeeaasily in water when rebottling. of course if you have no access to university account printers, this post is of NO use to you. (and will be for me in a few weeks when i start the real world).

I used photoshop to design my labels. It is about the best program out there for amatuer "artists" to design anything on a computer. Costs a bit, but well worth it if you plan on designing things that look professional. Comes in handy for alot of things besides making lables for homebrew. It can be gotten by nefarious means of course, but I suggest paying for it anyways, because it is worth paying for in my opinion. Some software just doesn't deserve being paid for, but photoshop is so useful and versatile, it is a sin to NOT pay for it.

Keln said:
it is a sin to NOT pay for it.
:ban:

Wow harsh... I would like to ammend to this persons statement that there are free alternatives out there developed by the open source community such as the gimp (gnu image manipulation program... gnu stands for gnu's not unix... haha recursion)

Back