my first kegging experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doulovebeef

Reaction score
so everything was going smoothly as i was racking from secondary to my keg which i had already backfilled with co2.. as i was pressurizing the keg and i had it laying on its side to maximize the surface area of beer to co2. everything had been prechilled, beer and the keg. well while i was pressurizing one of the clamps on my pressure hose was loose and POP! beer spraying everywhere @ 30 PSI. i finally was able to remove the coupling after losing what appeared to be 2 pints. i learned my lesson, CHECK ALL CLAMPS!

yea fortunately it was done outside on the deck, oddly enough at that split second i was more concerned about getting liquid co2 in my regulator lol. i use 20 oz 'paintball' tanks from when i played alot, i use a kobalt co2 regulator.

yea fortunately it was done outside on the deck, oddly enough at that split second i was more concerned about getting liquid co2 in my regulator lol. i use 20 oz 'paintball' tanks from when i played alot, i use a kobalt co2 regulator.

Um don't those tanks have a little bit of oil in them?

the tanks? no, there aluminum chrome alloy and there clean, its all about where you get your gas filled, if you got to an airgas facility and tell him what u want it for, theyll make sure you get food quality gas

Back