Through the eyes of SWMBO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved reading through her point of view, I decided to share with SWMBO and the first thing she says is "My life!" I tell her, we're not there yet, just wait till I start all grain.

I loved reading through her point of view, I decided to share with SWMBO and the first thing she says is "My life!" I tell her, we're not there yet, just wait till I start all grain.

I just sent it to my SWMBO, she has no idea what's about to hit her. I'm only 2 batches in!

That was a good read. New to the forum so I dare ask what SWMBO stands for :)

Here was a man who wouldn't buy himself a pair of socks, who balked at the price of food and haircuts, and yet when it came to beer or beer related doodads, the money flowed from his wallet.

This is SOOO ME! I am one of the most frugal individuals there is, except for this hobby!

SWMBO and I are currently looking for a house. She actually vetoed one because there wasn't enough room for me to have my brewery. "Babe, there's barely enough room to make beer in that place, you need a LOT more room. You need a dedicated brewing room."

She was about 0.012 seconds from having a ring on her finger...fortunately I was fresh out of rings! At least she realizes this hobby/obsession is going to get much, much worse (or better?).

SWMBO and I are currently looking for a house. She actually vetoed one because there wasn't enough room for me to have my brewery. "Babe, there's barely enough room to make beer in that place, you need a LOT more room. You need a dedicated brewing room."

She was about 0.012 seconds from having a ring on her finger...fortunately I was fresh out of rings! At least she realizes this hobby/obsession is going to get much, much worse (or better?).

You do realize the said that as much out of her own best insterest as yours. She didn't want to get stuck in a house with you and your brewing equipment and no room for her stuff. :p

You do realize the said that as much out of her own best insterest as yours. She didn't want to get stuck in a house with you and your brewing equipment and no room for her stuff. :p

That's probably what she was really thinking..."oh hell no, i can't fit 9,538 pairs of shoes in that closet with all his brew-crap...we'll need more space."

I love a well written story but one that is on target as much as your wife is, is (trademark Bill Clinton) really refreshing.

I just had to make a comment on their page. It's like one of us seeing a blow off. Like Victor Frankenstein,"oh my God! What have I done?"! lol

I would share this, but she is unfamiliar with the acronym 'SWMBO'. And I do not intend for her to learn of this term.

Back