• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

District of Columbia WTS or trade 10 gal. brewpot and 5 gal carboys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

climateboy

Reaction score
Hi there--

I'd like to step up the size of my system. I currently have:

1) 10 gal. stainless kettle (from Morebeer), with SS ball valve, thermometer, and sight glass.

2) 4 5-gal glass carboys.

I want to move up to a 15 gallon pot and 6 gallon carboys, to facilitate the brewing of 10+ gallon batches. Willing to sell or trade (I would include cash with the trade, if necessary).

I'm in DC, but have a car and will travel reasonable distances.

Thanks,

CB

Is it a megapot? if so, can you provide pictures?

how much do you want to sell the lot for?

I might be heading down to Baltimore the week of the 10th and could meet you.

-t

It is a Megapot. I will post photos in the next few days.

Here are some details:

The kettle is a 10-gallon Megapot from Northern Brewer, with a Brewmometer and SS ball valve, which retailed for $220. $228 delivered. http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/...ment/megapot-with-ball-valve-brewmometer.html

I bought the kettle in 2009.

Sight glass was $27. $33 delivered. Bought last year. Then I spent about $100 getting the holes drilled for it. And calibrating it and putting the numbered decals on was a pain in the rear.

http://www.brewhardware.com/wlsightglass/49-weldless-sight-glass-kit

So, I have about $360 worth of value on that thing.

But:
--the kettle does have Sharpie gallon marks on it from before the sightglass, but is in excellent shape otherwise

--the sightglass has a couple of cracks in it that do not leak, but make it a bit less pretty

So, I'm thinking the kettle for $275 + shipping, and I'm willing to entertain a reasonable counteroffer.

I'd rather trade the carboys then sell them, but I suppose I would let it all go for $375. I'm not shipping carboys though!

Latest posts

Back