Back in the saddle!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingers

Reaction score
Well, it was a long cold winter but I'm finally back to AG. I'd done a few extract batches just to keep me in product until I could fire up the ten gallon pots again. The snow is finally all gone from my brew area and the temps are livable again. I still have 20 gallons to tide me until the AG batches come online.

So the dough in is in progress right now and all is well with the world again.

Yup, it's just retarded here when it comes to temps. No more AG when it's nasty cold. It makes the whole experience completely miserable. I've done it just for the 'atta-boy' factor but the 'grab a brain' part of me intervened in subsequent years.

Got only 70% efficiency on the maiden voyage of my Barley Crusher, but there were some unforeseen issues that may have gotten in the way.

Anyway, there are 10 gallons of Aprilzen (late Marzen) in the keezer. I'm hoping this one will go into the HBT Canada Cup. It will be early so I'll have to really watch my lager temps to get it done and still be clean enough to place.

Back