Flavoring beer!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afreitag

Reaction score
I am going to make a wheat beer pretty soon. I want to make it raspberry. How do I do that with fruit extracts or purees? Which one is better?

Just my two cents. I made a Purple Haze clone last year and I chose raspberry extract for my flavorings. F'n outstanding taste in my and everyone I gave it to

Just my two cents. I made a Purple Haze clone last year and I chose raspberry extract for my flavorings. F'n outstanding taste in my and everyone I gave it to

I was surprised, I used LD Carlson's Raspberry Extract in my Bitter Chocolate Raspberry Belgian Porter, adding the bottle when I racked it to the keg, and it was amazing.

Would there be any merit in trying to make a tincture with fresh fruit to achieve the same thing? I've played around with tinctures for spices and dried ingredients, but would it be pointless with whole fruit?

I use the extract and have had great results. I do an occasional Raspberry Wheat (bottle) and a regular rotation of a Strawberry Ale (keg). For the Strawberry Ale, I usually grab a Brewers Best American Light kit, ferment as instructed and add 6oz of the extract when kegging and haven't had a negative review on it yet.

Cheers!

got a recipe for Bitter Chocolate Raspberry Belgian Porter? Sounds delicious

How much extract did you end up using and how strong did the flavor come out? I brewed a Belgian table beer and I think a hint of fruit flavor would be awesome in it.

Back