First case brewed, bottled and put in storage!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alaskanmoosehunter

Reaction score
After alot of reading, day dreaming and loss of sleep because of nothing but homebrew on my mind. Here it is!

f2d26ede.jpg

Now off to work on a label for a few of these Belgian Ales. I'm gonna crack the first one in about 2 weeks to see where it is on carbonation. Got 55 Ales out of that batch. :)

AWESOME!!!!

I felt the need for labels too, but after removing your own labels from your beer 1 time, the idea's appeal will fade fast.

But forge on young brewer! Do what suits you.

But above all, brew something else!!!FAST!!!!

I usually want a way to check carbonation without having to crack one open, so I bottle one or two botles a batch in either a 12 oz coke bottle, or a 16 oz miller light plastic bottle. You can squeeze the bottle to push out any air and put the cap on with the beer at the lip of the opening. As it makes C02 it pushes the bottle back out.

That way I know if they are so undercarbed I wont enjoy "sampling" them.

I agree that labels are a hassle, knowing what's inside since I brewed it. However, I do like designing them and having a labels on a few for some that I intend on giving away.

Brewing some Irish stout on Monday...Hefe on Tues. Building my 5 gal. cooler mash tun today, bought everything I needed this week.

I just build a Word document with several copies like this in two columns:

Robust Honey Barrel Porter
Bottled: Oct 3, 2010
OG = 1.062 FG = 1.012 ABV = 6.71%

Then print it, cut them out and use Scotch tape to attach them around the neck.

Easy to remove and informative.

Back