First Brew Day! (56K go have a beer)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeutscheMaster

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Finally brewed my first batch today. It's an export stout kit from Muntons. Before the boil I steeped some Crystal 60L, I also added two pounds of Briess Light DME. Everything went very well. I thank everyone here for their advice and knowledge. Now time for some pics.
10minchill.jpg

OG.jpg

afterthebreak.jpg

foamy.jpg

immchill.jpg

itsalive.jpg

steep.jpg

theboil.jpg

thechill.jpg

thegoodbook.jpg

Very cool. Welcome to the addiction.
FWIW,you may want to get a thermometer with a smaller range, say 50-220F. It will make for more accurate readings.
Hope you enjoyed your brewday.
Cheers!!!

You're way too organized and have too much equipment for a first batch. Not cool.

I mean, cmon, a chiller? An SQ14, and a properly sized pot? For real?

:mug:

You've got me beat in terms of equipment. Looks like a successful brew day. Hooray for homebrew!

LOL I had 15 months in Iraq to read these forums and shop for equipment. :rockin:

Nice.. i'm going to be heading to Afghanistan soon... guess I can use that wonderful tax-free status to stock up on my gear too...

Yep yep! Keep your head down and come home safe! :mug:

Hah thanks, plan on it.. Plus I'm going to the dark side. I ETS'd the army back in 2004.. but just got a nice offer from the Air Force Reserves with a big bonus, and an E-5 to E-6 promotion ... Along with a 1 year deployment...

Hah thanks, plan on it.. Plus I'm going to the dark side. I ETS'd the army back in 2004.. but just got a nice offer from the Air Force Reserves with a big bonus, and an E-5 to E-6 promotion ... Along with a 1 year deployment...

Hook me up, the Army keeps sending me on 15 month "vacations". I now have more time in theater than in garrison.

Back