Draught box score

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kai

Reaction score
I was hanging out with the manager of the campus pub, and he mentioned he was getting rid of the old draught box; I chimed in, and he ended up getting rid of it to me. I tried to pay him, but no dice - he was going to trash it.

The haul: three soda taps, ball-lock connecters, some very dirty lines, a double body regulator sans gauges, and (cream of the crop) a five-line chiller plate. Not bad, eh?

Question is, should I clean it up, restore it, and use it as a draught box, or should I take and use what I need from it (taps for my fridge, regulator for my kegs, chiller plate for homebrew club meetings)?

Pictures:

DSC00059.JPG

DSC00060.JPG

DSC00061.JPG

That's what I'm thinking. For the fridge I'll take the regulator and two taps (with space for #3). I'll test it out and if it works I'll transplant the gauges from my reg and buy a new low-pressure gauge. I might try the chiller plate as a wort chiller, but I prefer immersion in theory (all your wort drops below 100 within a couple minutes).

And, when I get my perlicks, I can reassemble the draught box with the old taps, and use it with my kegs (and my friends') whenever I need to.

Back