Deschutes Red Chair NWPA clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iparks81

Reaction score
I've done some searching on this and cant come up with a firm Clone recipe for this brew.

has anyone come up with\heard of a substantial Clone for Deschutes Red Chair NWPA, its come to be one of my favs recently...
my closest guess so far is

95 Min boil
English Pale Ale yeast
2 row pale malt, Crystal 60, carastan, cara pills, and pilsner malt.
hoped with centenial to bitter, and cascade to flavor\aroma
IBU 60+\-

but I dont know the amounts of grains (I am looking for a partial mash recipe)

I am good at brewing and the techniques, but havnt spent much time paying attention to the way recipes are put together..
thanks!

I have seen this, that is where i got the basic recipe construction, but am curious if anyone has been able to take it any further than just the basic ingredients and knock out a good clone...if not, no worries..but just checking around before I give up on it

It's a "new" beer and I think few people have tried. Really not new, but changing the name from IPA to NWPA has drawn the publicity.

In any case, the guy's recipe in the other post is close. Just sub the bittering with Galena and any simcoe/citra with centennial or cascade. Use 1275 yeast and you should have something very close.

For extra points use Great Western NW Pale Ale malt instead of normal 2-row.

Back