Tiger Muskie Red (a possible sad tale)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kanddr

Reaction score
Brewed Jamils Evil Twin yesterday and everything went great until I noticed my wort chiller was leaking water into my batch as it was cooling down. Now, I'm not one to freak out but this wasn't just normal house water, it was secondary water from a local reservoir!
Thats when I freaked out a bit and ended up pitching the yeast right then when the temps were still probably in the mid to upper 80's because I wanted them to get work ASAP. Too hot I know but too late now...
I got up to go to work at 4am and it was bubbling out of the air lock after only 10 hours and the temps were down to a semi-respectable 72 so the yeast are going to town and the temps weren't too high for too long.

Here's to waiting and hoping it turns out. If so, I will dub it Tiger Muskie Red out of respect to the fish that live in the reservoir.

It'll probably be great and you'll have a heck of a time replicating that one! Fingers crossed for you

I'm happy to report, as of bottling day, the Tiger Muskie Red is a success! No infection and it tastes great after being in the primary 3 weeks and bottled today.

Bottled for one week and I tried one to see how it was coming. Absolutely fantastic!!!! I might have to add raw reservoir water to all of my batches.

Two days ago, I purchased a six pack of Red Tail ale. ICK! The first two sips were a little sweet up front and then a little bitter finish. That was great, and three sips later all I get is a nasty metallic flavor. End of first beer; second beer was just as nasty, just as metallic. If it wasn't for what it cost me, I would have given it away.

Latest posts

Back