Grommet infor requested - size/type/mfg ? (not reseller)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace_in_NY

Reaction score
Hey I'm thinking of buyoing a whole boat load of grommets for a project but I need to know the proper size for cheap generic airlock. Which material is best for the grommet to be maid out of? And which size is best choice? I see their are both 3/8 and 1/2 size drill hole in the plastic lid of plastic bucket, maybe more sizes? I'm looking at 5 gallon batch ...

Do you know the actual manufacturers too? I'm sure they are very low cost to make. The resellers seem to have them listed like half a buck ... they are marking up big time probably. I expect the grommet to be in the 1-5 cent range from mfg. in volume.

Might as well ask about the airlock mfg as well. Which do you guys think is better design and who is mfg them?

Thanks everyone...

Those are companies that sell, not that make. Difference is like Procter & Gamble vs. Walmart. "LD Carlson Company is the major wholesale distributor of winemaking and beermaking equipment and supplies."

Thanks anyway though.

Those are companies that sell, not that make. Difference is like Procter & Gamble vs. Walmart. "LD Carlson Company is the major wholesale distributor of winemaking and beermaking equipment and supplies."

Thanks anyway though.

Here's a Chinese company that makes air locks. Probably not the type you are looking for, but they may be able to put you in contact with someone that makes the three piece version:

http://www.ec21.com/product-details/Airlock--3908130.html

Back