Brew Stand is complete at hob knob!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdlev

Reaction score
Got the designs from theelectricbrewery.com

brewstand.JPG

Few thoughts about the project:
A) The biggest issue was the 5" hex bolts weren't long enough...I'd recommend the 6" hex bolts. I had to use the carving bits to drill a hole large enough for the washer to avoid going back to the store to get the 5" hex bolts to work. It worked fine, but was just an extra step.
B) Staining...if you know how to do it and have extra money lying around, fine...go ahead and stain...but if you're brewing on a budget, don't get 3 cans of stain ($35-40)...get one can of kilz ($5) and paint it white (which is what I did to cover up the bad stain job!).
C) Measure twice...cut once.
D) Another way to save time is to use plywood instead of the 1x4's. Cutting all those took a lot of time, and while I like the look of it a bit better, it did take about an extra hour to measure and cut 34 or whatever of those to size.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the stand. It took 5-6 hours for everything, and cost about $200 for all the tools and materials needed. I think you could do one that's very similar for around $150.

What do you guys think? Bright? :D

I like it!

Kal

Hey Kal...I must spend 10 hours a day on your site drooling over that system :D Thanks for putting the time in to build the site. It was a great reference for this project!

I'm too busy trying to figure out the ttb! :(

This weekend should be a good brew day though...gotta setup the pump station, kettles, etc.

Back