Non-stick pot question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoosedsBrewer81

Reaction score
I am new to home brewing and am pumped about getting started. I have a brand new turkey fryer in the box that I have had for a long time. It has a non-stick coating on the inside of the aluminum pot and I was wondering if that would have any negative effects on the brewing process. Any insight would help. It would be nice to avoid having to buy a new pot. Thanks ahead of time and I'm glad to have found HBT.

Moose

I can't see any issues, as long as you are boiling water and not overheating the pot past the non-stick coatings recommend temps.

The question is, why did they make a turkey fryer with non-stick surface? I just can't see the point in that.

Teflon is stable up to well over boiling-water temps....we use it to seal threads on bulkheads, not to mention the billions of people who use it to cook....it should work fine.

According to Charlie from 5 Star, use a little PBW on the pot, and wave all that teflon goodbye.

Fantastic, this thread just saved me the $30-40 I thought I was going to have to spend on a stainless steel pot. Woo!! Thanks HBT!!

My second batch of beer can now be started (as soon as I have enough empty bottles for it).

Latest posts

Back