I need to make this logo more versatile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulive

Reaction score
I made this up quickly in Photoshop, so its a work-in-progress still. I am open to any changes you guys can think of. The Jeep in the picture is actually not part of the background photo so that can be changed. I want to incorporate more beer and make the logo more versatile for everything from tap handles to pint glasses to tshirts...:confused:

Brewery_Logo1.jpg

I kind of like it the way it is but will offer some suggestions. I think the scroll should be just a bit darker, more of a tree/wood color. I think the picture of the jeep/forest should be clearer vice the filter currently in use. I'm guessing that this is from a real photo, so I don't know how easy it would be to incorporate some water into the picture, or some blue into the scroll to represent water.

Again, it's pretty cool the way it is. Just trying to give you some suggestions.

I kind of like it the way it is but will offer some suggestions. I think the scroll should be just a bit darker, more of a tree/wood color. I think the picture of the jeep/forest should be clearer vice the filter currently in use. I'm guessing that this is from a real photo, so I don't know how easy it would be to incorporate some water into the picture, or some blue into the scroll to represent water.

Again, it's pretty cool the way it is. Just trying to give you some suggestions.

Thanks. I was originally thinking the scroll should be darker too. I'll make that change, but the water could be tougher. I check Google Images quickly and didn't see much. I'll keep trying though...

I actually like the filter in a general sort of way. It would be nice if you could maintain the "abstract" quality of the photo but sharpen up the lines. It would make it look something like an old etching. Also, fade/chop the edges; it looks like a photo over a scroll right now, but with a little creative work you could make it look like it was on the scroll. My next comment is in the same vein as the last one, either enlarge the scroll or shrink the brewery name (and get rid of the shadow) so it also looks like it's on the scroll (the same goes for the hops and date on the bottom). Finally, I would bring up the wheat "tops" (I'm not sure what they're legitimately called), you could use them to frame the bottom of the image and they could also be made to look like they were "on" the scroll.

All this might be too much, but I like the concept and I started running with it. I guess it turned into more of a "wish list" than appropriate constructive comments.

I actually like the filter in a general sort of way. It would be nice if you could maintain the "abstract" quality of the photo but sharpen up the lines. It would make it look something like an old etching. Also, fade/chop the edges; it looks like a photo over a scroll right now, but with a little creative work you could make it look like it was on the scroll. My next comment is in the same vein as the last one, either enlarge the scroll or shrink the brewery name (and get rid of the shadow) so it also looks like it's on the scroll (the same goes for the hops and date on the bottom). Finally, I would bring up the wheat "tops" (I'm not sure what they're legitimately called), you could use them to frame the bottom of the image and they could also be made to look like they were "on" the scroll.

All this might be too much, but I like the concept and I started running with it. I guess it turned into more of a "wish list" than appropriate constructive comments.

Those are all good points that I'll try out. I definitely agree with fading the edges of the center pic. I like the idea of framing with the grains too...:mug:

Well it was an opinion as well as I dont like Jeeps. But it actually looks to bold and dark compared to the rest of the background. The little hops also look to bright to me. I would say to make the Green Lane words a color green out of the image as well it will blend better.

Just get rid of the HEEP and it will be better.

Oh great not only do clemson55 and I have a feud over the Bama vs Clemson game, he's done gone and insulted my Jeep! You .... you... you! Nimkapoop! There I said it, what ya gonna do? Huh Huh Huh!!!

Just kiddin man! I do love my jeep though, 90 cherokee, 4" lift, 31" AT, nothing over board, just enough to get me in and out of the occasional fishing hole. I swear it's the best driving vehicle I've ever known (notice I didn't say best handling or looking or riding or well you get the picture) I would much rather have an old 66-77 Bronco or Scout II. No doubt all things being stock except for tires, an old Bronco would stomp a CJ's butt and walk the mud hole dry with it.

So what ya got against the jeep? :off:

As for the label. I'd consider dropping the scroll all together. There's a clash between the antique scroll and the photograph. Then maybe work the hops and wheat/barley into individual clusters of hops and barley. Rearrange, and voila a masterpiece!

Schlante,
Phillip

I'm a landcruiser guy, had an fj55 hence the 55 and lived with a guy who has had 3 fj40's and an fj62. So jeeps are sort of the arch nemesis.

I don't like the paper texture. It looks like you're just going through all of the filters in photoshop and throwing them on there because you have them.

I'd make the grains bigger(run through and maybe do a cutout filter to make them look more vector-y) and then make them frame the sides of the picture so you only have to fade a little on the top and bottom.

I like the idea, but I think the first one looked better.

I too dislike the paper texture in the second. But I think you did a great job of getting the text to appear on the scroll. I also like filter level better in the second one. Clearer but you can still see the watercolor filter.

I also agree that you should move the grains to the left and right edges of the photo. That would unify the whole concept more.

If you would like to, PM or email me a copy of the files you're working on... I can't really suggest anything because i'm not really a "words" kind of guy... but if you give me a few days to play with it, I might be able to come up with somethin :)

(Most importantly the image. I can do the txt, etc myself if need be.)

Latest posts

Back