Steeping Bag ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't bother reusing them, they're so cheap at the LHBS.....and it's easier to dispose of the grain by keeping them in the bags...I'm talking about the standard grain and hop bags, that come with kits or at the LHBS, not the nylon mesh bags that some people use, that are more expensive...Those I would probably re-use, by soaking them in oxyclean and washing in the laundry.

I rinse them well by turning them inside out and getting all of the stuff out of them. Then they either go into the washing machine with the dish towels, or in the top rack of the dishwasher. Both work well, and then I just hang to dry.

Bump...

I washed my nylon bags in the washing machine (with dishwasher detergent... my wife uses clothes detergent with febreeze in it! Yuck)

They still are discolored green from the hops...

Any concern about soaps/detergents destroying head retention if I use them again?

Latest posts

Back