Can Applewine Be Put Into Mini Kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireNightFly

Reaction score
I appologise for asking so many questions. I looked everywhere on the forums about Mini Kegs (5 liter kegs) and applewine. Can I put applewine into a mini keg? If I can do this, are there any recommendations?

Yes, it can be put into a mini keg. For best results, it should be put in your stomach.

I have 2 5L minis of it aging in my basement. Seem to be holding up fairly well.

Since I did half in kegs and half in bottles I am drinking the bottles first gauging on when it has aged enough to be really good.. then I will bust out the kegs for friends, so they can all call me a mother f@#%er in the morning...

Thanks for the info guys. Im slowing try to drink about 8 kegs I got at the local store. At about 14.95 for a full keg oposed to the $10-14 + shipping on a new one from a store it seemed for realistic to get a 5L with beer already in it Im paying $2-3 for the beer in essence.

Its been a fun experience so far. Im pretty sure I cant remember Saturday? :drunk:

However I do remember Sunday morning :eek:<<thats me inspecting the bathroom plumbing :rockin:

*** Would I carbonate like I would beer? And does one use the tap-a-draft system on it, the hand pump, or something else?

what beer is in these 5L kegs? the only thing i can think of in my area would be the heineken mini kegs. could those be reused?

I believe the kegs your want have a stopper on the top and a pump on the bottom.
DSCF0443.JPG

Man, I want some of those as long as you can reseal the top.
The beer looks pretty interesting too. Might be good to bring to a party and keep the keg for yourself.
I think its a great idea with 5 cent tax's on all cans and bottles, at least you donating less to your favourite charity called your State.

Man, I want some of those as long as you can reseal the top.
The beer looks pretty interesting too. Might be good to bring to a party and keep the keg for yourself.
I think its a great idea with 5 cent tax's on all cans and bottles, at least you donating less to your favourite charity called your State.

Yea, Ive been reading alot about these someone left me a link for good Instructions. http://www.brew-winemaking.com/ProductPDF/4900.pdf

Empty they are $10-14 with no graphics. The one on the left in the pic was $19.99 full of beer and the one on the right was 14.95 full of beer. See the stoppers on top? Easy to reseal just turn the dial to 0 to airlock it.

I think you do both. Less prime for kegs it seems... http://www.brew-winemaking.com/ProductPDF/4900.pdf ...

Then you use an adapter and one of these which takes CO2 Cartridges ...

Tap-a-draft system
eqp5291a.jpg

Party-Star Deluxe
4906.jpg

There are more I hear, but these two looked really good. Still not sure which one Ill get, but I suppose I have some time before its time to keg.

Empty they are $10-14 with no graphics. The one on the left in the pic was $19.99 full of beer and the one on the right was 14.95 full of beer. See the stoppers on top? Easy to reseal just turn the dial to 0 to airlock it.

damn man thats cheap! wish i could easily get access to that. maybe next time im in michigan ill look around. until then i guess ill be sticking with bottles only.

Back