Anyone keg there cider ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BxBrewer

Reaction score
After making a trial 1g cider and it comming out great. I ordered a small 2.5gal keg from KC. I have 2gal going atm. When i did the first one i racked it into a spare corny i had. Wondering if anyone does the same ?:mug:

No, but I know folks who do. Its a good idea for all the reasons beer brewers do it. I'd love to carb one of my sweet ciders, but I can't have equipment in my condo. :-(

keg it! i keg all of my semi-sweet ciders, then bottle some from the keg (sweet ciders still need to be stabilized or pasteurized if you bottle from the keg), and i bottle condition all of my dry ciders, which take many months to mature. both ways are great

Outside of cold crashing. Im guessing i dont have to pasturize the cider if kegging correct ? Also when kegged and purged of oxigen. Can i age/mature it this way ?

Outside of cold crashing. Im guessing i dont have to pasturize the cider if kegging correct ? Also when kegged and purged of oxigen. Can i age/mature it this way ?

I would suggest stabilizing your cider then keg it purge it age it...

I kegged and carbonate a batch and then back sweetened it, it was fine until the last drop 2 months later...

Back