Not sure exactly what I need....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ol' Grog

Reaction score
I need some backup parts after this weekend. Cleaned my cobra tap hose and put it all back together. However, the little black O ring that fits on the connection to the keg got "lost" in the cleaning. When I connected it back up, well, you can imagine the shower of brew. I did manage to find the O ring but got me to thinking I need some back up. These are pin style kegs. In lieu of that O ring, what else would be a good back up? I got poppets and pressure release valves, but that's it.

Dude, you gotta have that o-ring. I can't think of anything you can use in lieu of it. They're fairly cheap, and if you can't get to your LHBS, try the hardware store, they sometimes have tons of o-rings and one of them is bound to work.

The post O-rings are a standard size and are available at most hardware stores.

7/16 ID x 5/8 OD x 3/32 width

Thanks. You got that right about having the O ring. I was wondering just how in the hell am I going to drink out of the keg until I found it. My next order, I'll make sure I get some. Is the O rings about the only real thing I need to worry about on the post?

There's the o-ring outside, the poppet inside, and the dip-tube O-ring.

I have spares of each, basically I kept the ones I replaced that were still in decent shape.

beerbuddy said:
The post O-rings are a standard size and are available at most hardware stores.

7/16 ID x 5/8 OD x 3/32 width

That good info...any chance you have the measurements on the dip tube and corny lid o-rings?

The dip tub are easy to find in the Hardware store but the lid I have not been able to find, except on-line.

Dip Tube O-Rings
5/16" ID x 1/2"OD x 3/32" width

Lid O-Rings
3 1/2" ID x 4" OD x 1/4" width

Welcome, I was surprised when I first got my kegs that my faucet washer kit had the post and dip tube o-rings I was looking for.

Back