• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

15" SS False Bottom for Sanke Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghart999

Reaction score
I bought 2 of these from here:

They are excellent quality. Heavy as hell. Made of heavy duty commercial 16 ga. 304 stainless steel with perfect size 3/32" holes on 5/32" staggered centers. It comes with a 1/2" hole drilled in the middle for a diptube. These fit sanke kegs only. They lay perfectly flat. There is about 1 3/4" of space under the bottom, so you can direct fire the mashtun without scorching the wort (provided you recirculate).

I ordered one for both MLT and boil kettle. I ended up winning a Blichmann Hopstopper at a local event and don't need 2 any more.

If I had to compare the quality to Jaybird, I would say they are the same. It is laser cut, etc.

hinged%20bottom.jpg

I paid $65 shipped. I would do $52 shipped. Paypal or local pickup only. No trades.

Here'a a link to the company that makes it.

http://climaxhomebrew.com/index.php...roducts_id=2&zenid=20urgqa7nh6qcbvfprl91f08l6

I just bought one of these and it is great! Only problem I had is the 1/2" hole in mine wasn't quite 1/2", but that was easily remedied with a unibit.

So those of you who are using one of these, how are they performing for you? Do you recirculate the entire mash? Any issues with scorching on the bottom of the keg? Are you efficiency numbers the same, better, worse than your prior setup? Just trying to decide if they're all pretty much the same.

Back