SanStar for 32oz spray

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle6357

Reaction score
Anyone know how much you need to make a 32oz bottle (in mL)? I normally fill my spray bottle off what I mix in fermentation bucket but its always cloudy by end of everything. I'd like to always have some available.

How log could you keep it on the spray bottle? Throw it out after brew day? or can it be stored until next brew day?

How log could you keep it on the spray bottle? Throw it out after brew day? or can it be stored until next brew day?

If you make it with distilled water it will last much longer, but as long as the Ph is below 3.2(I think that's the number) you are good. I've kept it in a sealed spray bottle for a month just fine.

If you make it with tap water it gets cloudy pretty fast (a few hours or maybe overnight) and I think the consensus is that you should not use it once it's cloudy. I used distilled water once and it was still clear 24 hours later, but I don't know how much longer it would have lasted. I think I've heard that with distilled water it can last days or maybe weeks without getting cloudy.

I take a gallon jug of distilled water and mix it in that. I believe it is 1oz for 5 gallons so I do 1/5oz per gallon jug. That will usually last me months without it going bad. It lasts a long time. I will then fill my spray bottle using the mix I Just made. No need to figure out tsp or Tbsp this way.

Back