Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wildwest450 said:
Never said I wanted it, that thing is bad luck.

I have to admit, good point. Last time the Blues won the Presidents trophy they got knocked out first round. I don't see Halak or Elliott choking like Roman Turek though.

Has anybody ever won the Stanley Cup while in possession of the Presidents trophy though?

Not gonna shoot my mouth and put the jinx on. Just gonna say.......

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!

Has anybody ever won the Stanley Cup while in possession of the Presidents trophy though?

Yes - 7 times (it was introduced in 1985). Most recently Detroit in 07-08. It would be nice if this information was compiled in an online encyclopedia somewhere, kind of like the homebrew wiki, but about everything! Wouldn't that be great? I'm just bustin your balls...such a thing could never exist.....

Yes - 7 times (it was introduced in 1985). Most recently Detroit in 07-08. It would be nice if this information was compiled in an online encyclopedia somewhere, kind of like the homebrew wiki, but about everything! Wouldn't that be great? I'm just bustin your balls...such a thing could never exist.....

http://thenhl.wikia.com/wiki/NHL_Wiki

Meh, Rangers lose. Biron couldnt handle the pens offense. Oh well, if the season ended today, blah blah blah...........
In other new, blues shutout by the caines!!!! Hahahahahahahahahah

Bummer to see Bryzgalov's streak come to an end, but it was a hell of a run. Flyers are hot right now, I'm liking it. Tough weekend coming up, hope Bob can step it up for one of the back to backs.

Bummer to see Bryzgalov's streak come to an end, but it was a hell of a run. Flyers are hot right now, I'm liking it. Tough weekend coming up, hope Bob can step it up for one of the back to backs.

I'm glad it's over than they can focus on winning games (not like they weren't), but I want 2 points out of every game more than I want goose eggs in the opponents score column. Shutouts are great, but wins are wins.

I will say the Eastern division is hot hot hot. Easily four of the top ten teams in the League.

Atlantic is usually/regularly the best division top to bottom. It's the one of the only divisions in the league to almost always send 4 teams to the playoffs and the competition for the division title is usually pretty fierce and the rivalries are pretty intense.

Honestly, before the Flyers got hot like this, I was really hoping they would drop to the 6th seed. A matchup against the #3 Florida Panthers in the first round would sure be better than a 4/5 battle with the Pens (or Rangers...).

Honestly, before the Flyers got hot like this, I was really hoping they would drop to the 6th seed. A matchup against the #3 Florida Panthers in the first round would sure be better than a 4/5 battle with the Pens (or Rangers...).

Agree. Any of the three teams (Pens, Rangers, Flyers) playing each other will be a) Entertaining and b)Brutal for both teams involved.

What a night!!!

WOOHOOOO

lol.jpg

Plus, as it stands, the Sens get to get beaten by Boston in the first round. :) (I'm not a Boston fan, just predicting.)

Boston may have looked good against us this year, but that was earlier when Boston looked good against everyone. Lately, they look like crap. And really...2nd place or 7th place, we would still play Boston.

And Arturo...you're a miserable graphic. :mad:

Boston may have looked good against us this year, but that was earlier when Boston looked good against everyone. Lately, they look like crap. And really...2nd place or 7th place, we would still play Boston.

And Arturo...you're a miserable graphic. :mad:

They've played 2 more games than Boston, but only have one more point? That's dvmn thin ice. I'm guessing it breaks today.

BTW, I am a fine graphic. Just ask your sister.

It was fun while it lasted, sigh, back into 7th. But damn, who at the beginning of this year would think that for even one day in March, Ottawa would have led the division.

This year has been so far beyond expectations, it's unreal.

Penguins make it 11 in a row.

Cooke gets another two goals (2nd game in a row), and only has 30 penalty minutes this season.

Brodeur makes some spectacular saves but the Devils still get hammered 5-2.

Crosby has three assists including a great pass to Malkin for his 40th goal of the season, plus a few other situations where only Brodeur's play stopped the goal.

Now two points back of the Rangers, but Pittsburgh has one less game played.

:)

Says the fan of a team that has lost six of their last 10...Can you feel that #1 seed slipping away yet? hahahahaha

1 seed or not, long as that playoff ticket gets punched it a whole new season. In a couple games, cindy will rocked and go back on ir, then the pens will fold up like a house of cards. I'm lookin forward to it...........

1 seed or not, long as that playoff ticket gets punched it a whole new season. In a couple games, cindy will rocked and go back on ir, then the pens will fold up like a house of cards. I'm lookin forward to it...........

Well, since Crosby hasn't played except for a few games this season, I think the Pens can hold their own against NJ or the Flyers (or whatever team you follow) even without him. Let's see: Malkin, Neal, Staal, Fluery, Oprik, Letang, and a bunch of others that are having awesome seasons. Quite simply the most talent laden team in the league and a team that knows how to play as a team. Does that mean they will win the cup? Who knows, in the post season anything can happen...but I like my chances with the Pens vs. any other team in the league.

JFC, the amazing pansy-boy again? Does Bettman think the whole world wants to watch this jackass every time he steps on the ice? I was looking forward watching some puck, guess I'll clean the garage instead.

Yeah, because the Pens weren't winning even without Crosby...Good call. And looking forward to or hoping for a serious injury, and a head/brain injury no less, is pretty ****ty. I hate the Pens and Crosby but I don't wish that on anybody.

Oh he's good and I like watching him play but he had no answer for Kunitz's ground and pound.

Goonitz' actions are inexcusable. The refs were in the mix, the altercation was clearly over and he just kept going. It is a travesty that he wasn't booted. Hopefully the league will look at it and ask him to sit for a game or two. This was an absolute disgrace.

Sharks are finally pulling wins out of their a$$es. Maybe well shove all the **** losses up everyone a$$ in the playoffs. Sorry little drunk. Lagunitas imperial red 6 pack... gone
Cheers

Goonitz' actions are inexcusable. The refs were in the mix, the altercation was clearly over and he just kept going. It is a travesty that he wasn't booted. Hopefully the league will look at it and ask him to sit for a game or two. This was an absolute disgrace.

I'm sure that Shanahan will take a dim view. I'd bet he gets a 2 game suspension.

Wooooooo!! Nice win philly!! Hahahahahah..........

Yeah, and watch when the Flyers and Penguins both pass the Rangers...

Well, since Crosby hasn't played except for a few games this season, I think the Pens can hold their own against NJ or the Flyers (or whatever team you follow) even without him. Let's see: Malkin, Neal, Staal, Fluery, Oprik, Letang, and a bunch of others that are having awesome seasons. Quite simply the most talent laden team in the league and a team that knows how to play as a team. Does that mean they will win the cup? Who knows, in the post season anything can happen...but I like my chances with the Pens vs. any other team in the league.

Hold their own against the Flyers? Check the season schedule dude, they're 1-3 against the Flyers. That's not holding their own.

Sweet scrum. Hartnell has quite the bruise.

Yeah because of the *****ebaggery from Kunitz. That was a sh*t show of how much of a p*ssy Kunitz is. Shows how tough you are to go after a player with two refs trying to get things settled down. Hartnell knew if he made one move he'd be gone for the game.

A beat up face, two goals, and a win over the Pens...I'll take it.

Yup. Any bruise is worth two goals, one of which was a game winner with a second left in the OT.

Hartnell plays the game the way it should be played.

He's a bit too crazy at times and takes stupid penalties, but he has an edge I like to see and usually plays the game right. Rarely is it a cheap shot or something dirty, usually just mixing things up and agitating while still putting the puck in the net on a regular basis.

Oh he's good and I like watching him play but he had no answer for Kunitz's ground and pound.

Ground and pound? What a joke. See if Kunitz will ever straight up drop the gloves with Hartnell or if he'll always have to pull that crap he did on Sunday. I doubt he has the balls.

Exactly.

I'm sure that Shanahan will take a dim view. I'd bet he gets a 2 game suspension.

Bullsh*t. He wears a Pens jersey and did what he did to a Flyers player. He won't get anything. After Staal got a joke of a $2,500 fine for boarding Coburn in the last game, Kunitz will probably get a blow j*b for what he did on Sunday.

Back