bottling after cold crashing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stagstout

Reaction score
I figure there is a thread out there already but I was unable to find what I was looking for. Question is this: this is my first time cold crashing. Since I'm used to bottling room temp beer I would typically bottle an ale w/ 5 oz of priming sugar to get my desired carb. since cold crashing will keep some of the co2 in solution, how much should I compensate out of the typ. 5 oz to get the same result in carb. If some one has a quick answere i would appreciate it.

thanks

this is a guess and only a guess. but since fermentation is over there isn't any new carbonation being put into the beer. your beer has already lost as much residual CO2 as its going to for the highest temp the beer got to after fermentation. and to top it off your going to be warming it up to carbonate it.

You could use Palmer's nomograph or your favorite brewing software, take a temp of your beer and measure the sugar accordingly. If you are cold crashing that would be the temp you would go by.

f65.gif

Back