Inherited a Kegerator.. Help me get it up & running!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notoriusjt2

Reaction score
So I inherited a kegerator from my parents. The fridge cools well, but all the beer & gas equipment looks pretty beat up. Besides a general cleaning of the fridge what do I need to do to get this thing back up and and running? I have no real experience with kegerators so I am kind of clueless. It came with a box of accessories (which I have no clue what anything is) as you can see in the pictures below. Thanks!!
IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg
IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

The DIY section has tons of information on kegerators. Check there.

At a glance, you'll need: new tubing, Ball or pin lock connectors for the type of corny keg you use, and a good cleaning session. I'd even go so far as to disassemble the tower a little and soak the parts in PBW n sanitizer. after that, check your regulator, and make sure there's CO2 in the tank, and you should be good to go.

looks to be in need of cleaning! But its set up for sanke commercial kegs. Need different connectors for using a home brew type soda keg. Should be easy though! Check the date stamp on the co2 tank. Might be to old to fill anymore, but they can be hydrotested. Good find for a free kegorator.

Latest posts

Back