Golden Shower....?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a bartender named this. At least it sounds like it's for their amusement (to hear one ordered)...Yes, I'd like a golden shower....

i would geuss its a play on 'american piss beer'

am i the only one that is annoyed by these guys? I hate being told that if i drink bud lite i am a sheep that is too ignorant to drink 'real' beer. What ever! if im doing shots of whiskey, id rather chase it with a bud than a heavy ass porter or something.

and i love thier ad campaign that claims their not going to adverstise. "were not going to make tee shirts, or hats" wait, yes you do, ive seen them... and ive seen the owner on several tv shows recently. Thier are numerous ways to advertise without actually making comercials.

and they are so proud that they have "one of the most expensive beers in the world" Wow! thats great!

They also claim that because the beer will be hard to find everyone will want to drink it...thats called controlling supply and demand, which would be illegal in other markets. (imagine if budweiser cut thier production in half, they could charge 10 times as much)

my point is this: yeah they make good beer, big whoop! so do thousands of other micro-brews, get over yourself already! if this co. started out when anchor, or sam adams were struggling id have more sympathy, and i might pay 10 bucks for a sixer, but there are too many good beers alot cheaper im willing to support.

For anyone who doesn't play the power exchange scene, a golden shower is what (and who) you do with the beer after drinking it. Also known as paying the ale tax on the taxman's face.

Do you guys watch The Boondocks? There was a great golden shower joke on that show?

It was when R. Kelly was on trial for given a minor a golden shower. One of the characters said that he didn't know what the problem was, he sure wouldn't complain if someone gave him a golden shower. Though he probably wouldn't use a golden shower, since, you know, it's made out of gold. :D

Bjorn Borg said:
am i the only one that is annoyed by these guys?

Nope. I hardly ever buy DFH anymore. I think it is too overpriced like you--especially when other breweries make beers just as good and aren't jacked up in price. The only thing I buy form DFH anymore is 90 minute, but it has to be because I have 10 bucks burning a hole in my pocket and no other option.

Bjorn Borg said:
am i the only one that is annoyed by these guys? I hate being told that if i drink bud lite i am a sheep that is too ignorant to drink 'real' beer. What ever! if im doing shots of whiskey, id rather chase it with a bud than a heavy ass porter or something.
Are you pi$$ed off at Stone too...because they print right on their label that if you don't like their beer it's your fault, not theirs?

It's a marketing campaign...nothing else.

Back