Planning for summer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skipfab74

Reaction score
Anyone have a good suggestion for an extract kit that would make a good summer ale? I'm looking for perhaps a wheat ale with some citrus happening in it. I don't want to mess around too much because I'm just not there yet. This would only be my 3rd brew, so I would like to stick with an extract kit and keep it simple.

I'm going with Purple Haze Raspberry Wheat, Honey Koelsch, and possibly a watermelon wheat and hoping to find a tried Pineapple wheat recipe.

The Brewer's Best Witbier comes with orange and corriander. It is an excellent beer.

I'm looking into the AHS Sam Adams summer ale kit. I also currently have a honey ale in primary.

Ended up brewing Midwest's Boundary Waters Wheat kit. Added the zest of 3 oranges to the boil. Fermented for 2 weeks and bottle conditioned for a month. It came out fantastic. Only problem is that it's almost gone and summer just started. Our LHBS sell BB kits, so my buddy and I brewed this weekend. He made the Witbier and I did the Summer Ale. Should be ready for the end of July.

skipfab74 said:
Ended up brewing Midwest's Boundary Waters Wheat kit. Added the zest of 3 oranges to the boil. Fermented for 2 weeks and bottle conditioned for a month. It came out fantastic. Only problem is that it's almost gone and summer just started. Our LHBS sell BB kits, so my buddy and I brewed this weekend. He made the Witbier and I did the Summer Ale. Should be ready for the end of July.

I've made the BB Summer Ale. Tasty brew.

I've really been enjoying a Saison from an extract kit. All the big suppliers have them. It was nice not having to worry about cooling the FV!

I'm doing a Creme Ale kit from Northern Brewer, I've heard it is real good.

I have a Moore beer raspberry ale in the fridge that turned out awesome!

cheesehed007 said:
I've made the BB Summer Ale. Tasty brew.

So it spent 10 days in the fermenter and has only been in the bottle for 6 days. We had a family party today so I brought a few to test out. It was really nice. Looking forward to seeing how it is in a couple of weeks.

Back