Its a good feeling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrMeans

Reaction score
I just have to brag. I have recently been downing massive amounts of my own brew instead of a lot of commercially available brews. When I do buy commercial beer its never a style that I recently made. I have been on a huge stout brewing kick so I have been buying a lot of lighter ales. Today (payday!) I stopped and picked up some brews on the way home and grabbed a few stouts. I am happy to say that my beer holds its own against these beers if not outshines a few of them. I wanted to just give myself a little pat on the back, plus say thanks guys for all of the advice.

:mug:

I recently did side by side comparisons of my most recent IIPA to both Lagunitas' Hop Stoopid and Terrapin's Hopsecutioner, and decided I like mine better. Not that I think mine is a better brew (it could use some tweaking to get it just right and if I really cared that much, I could put some effort into my process to reduce haze), or that either of those are bad brews, but all three have notably different hop characters, and I prefer mine. Or maybe I'm just biased.

Either way, I definitely know the feeling. Cheers and congrats on a good brew!

Great feeling isn't it?

I was at a party recently and a friend opened an good craft brew, and then I handed her a taste of one of mine. She promptly handed me the one she was drinking and said she was drinking mine. Good stuff. The one she handed me was pretty good so I just drank that one and letbher enjoy my brew.

Back