Easy Clean by LD Carlson

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butter

Reaction score
Just got back into brewing, my girlfriend and I are making wine first then some beer in the next week or so. Bought a wine making kit and the mentioned cleaner, which the shop owner said cleans AND sanitizes. Is this true? No mention of sanitizing on the label or LD's website. Anybody have any experience with this stuff? Needless to say, all the brewshops are closed and we want to brew TONIGHT so any help will be appreciated.

Ive used it, no issues at all. Never got an infection if thats your question. I use starsan or one step now but what ya got will work. Cheers, have fun...enjoy!!!

Well everything turned out ok. The airlock started showing signs of life yesterday afternoon, so I guess the easy clean works. Thanks for the replies guys.

The airlock started showing signs of life yesterday afternoon, so I guess the easy clean works.

not trying to scare you at all, but you should know that this is by no means an indication of not having an infection. Easy Clean is not technically a sanitizer, the same way oxiclean/hydrogen peroxide isnt technically a sanitizer, though both will work as one to some degree.

it requires more contact time than better sanitizers like starsan would. and since it isnt labled as a sanitizer, there are no instructions saying "x-number of minutes of contact time = x.x% reduction of bacterial load"- so you are just guessing at the effectiveness, proper concentration for sanitizing, and required contact time.

it would work if nothing else were available, but i wouldnt replace my starsan with it. actually, if i needed a quick no-rinse sanitizer, i would probably reach for regular old hydrogen peroxide first. im sure the beer will survive either way though.

Latest posts

Back