Aluminum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just condition the pot before its first use by boiling water in it, then dump out the water and pretend its stainless steel. Worked well for me the past 4 years and I've never had any ill effects, taste or otherwise.

Just condition the pot before its first use by boiling water in it, then dump out the water and pretend its stainless steel. Worked well for me the past 4 years and I've never had any ill effects, taste or otherwise.

this be truth

look at any restaurant's kitchen, they're using aluminum stockpots with no problems

just don't scrub them with abrasives. I use paper towels to clean mine. besides some large skin lesions, teeth and hair falling out and minor episodes of hysterical blindness... I'm fine. ;)

oh... and when you condition, add water in 2 quarts at a time and each time measure it, either with a marked stick or just use a tape measure and write down the volumes. then, when you're at max volume, boil for an hour and measure how much boiled away. that's your boil off rate; good to know

EDIT: Revvy posted before I had a chance to. read that sticky, plus his on bottling. hell... read all stickies

Back