Going rate for Love 1600 controllers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up a couple of Love 1600 controllers and plan on using one or two for my brewing system. I just wondered what you might be willing to spend if you were looking at one of these.

The Love 1600 series controllers are being phased out over time by the 16A Series. The 16A controller retails for anywhere from $249 to $269. I think the Auber Instruments 1/16 DIN PID controller SYL-4352 or SLY-4342 is a better value with a retail price at $44.50. They are very popular with Homebrewers at a fraction of the price with excellent customer service and support.

I built my own for under $20 plus a heavy extension cord I already had.

Hey, it works and that is all I cared about. :rockin:

The Love 1600 series controllers are being phased out over time by the 16A Series. The 16A controller retails for anywhere from $249 to $269. I think the Auber Instruments 1/16 DIN PID controller SYL-4352 or SLY-4342 is a better value with a retail price at $44.50. They are very popular with Homebrewers at a fraction of the price with excellent customer service and support.

I see. I found that 2 of the controllers I have are Love 16033s and 2 of them are similar but a different brand 6100. They were a Weber, or Warner or something. I should have looked them up before starting to do my work at work...

For the price of those Aubers, I'm not going to worry about being reimbursed if I build something for a friend with these.

Latest posts

Back