ph meter feedback

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neomantra

Reaction score
has anyone bought this ph meter? Waterproof pH Meter / Thermometer

If so, what are your thoughts on it? It says it includes Buffer Solutions pH4.0, pH7.0, and pH10.0. Would I need anything else to go with it?

Last but not least, are there any good guides for how best to make use of these readings? My understanding so far from what I've read is that I'm generally shooting for 5.2. Do you always use either gypsum or baking soda to adjust this if you are off? I looked a little bit at the Palmer spreadsheet too but that almost made my head explode looking at all those fields :)

has anyone bought this ph meter? Waterproof pH Meter / Thermometer

If so, what are your thoughts on it? It says it includes Buffer Solutions pH4.0, pH7.0, and pH10.0. Would I need anything else to go with it?

Last but not least, are there any good guides for how best to make use of these readings? My understanding so far from what I've read is that I'm generally shooting for 5.2. Do you always use either gypsum or baking soda to adjust this if you are off? I looked a little bit at the Palmer spreadsheet too but that almost made my head explode looking at all those fields :)

I haven't had that one - but I bought a milwaukee one for $60 that sucked arse (needed recalibration all the time, was a pain). If I were you, I would get Hannas PHep 5 PH meter - it is awesome. There was a thread just recently about the PH meters and I wasn't th only one who has owned this meter for years (and loves it). It is about $100, but worth it to have one that is reliable and works, versus recalibrating all the time IMO.

You want a storage solution too, the 4.0 abd 7.0 solutions would be all you need for calibration.

Back