The spoils of a 3 day IPA rampage.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkInBuffalo

Reaction score
Brewed 3 IPAS from Thursday through Saturday trying various hop combinations with centennial being the "base hop". I'm going to open a spent grain funeral home. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397935102.398197.jpgQ

In case you you were wondering.

Batch one: Chinook(FWH) Centennial, Motueka, Nelson Sauvin (Hop bursted, 10 min-0 min.)

Two: Wakatu (FWH) Centennial, Wakatu, Sorachi Ace ( Hop burst)

Three: Chinook(FWH) Centennial, Citra, Mosaic, Chinook ( Hop burst).

All were 6 gallon IPAs, 85% 2 row with various specialty grains. All 3 had OG's between 1.062 and 1.068. Time for a nap, and a brew.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Nice work! Im due for a couple back to back ipas myself. Prob brew a session and a dipa as my kegs are running low.

I recently brewed a belgian blonde dubbel and tripel in a short span but those went in bottles and will be around for a year or two. Otherwise they would just take up space in my keezer. I need to average an ipa or pale ale a month to keep up with my drinking habits as they dont last as long as other styles...

Spread that grain around the lawn or compost if you have room. No need to bag it.

Nice work! Im due for a couple back to back ipas myself. Prob brew a session and a dipa as my kegs are running low.

I recently brewed a belgian blonde dubbel and tripel in a short span but those went in bottles and will be around for a year or two. Otherwise they would just take up space in my keezer. I need to average an ipa or pale ale a month to keep up with my drinking habits as they dont last as long as other styles...

Spread that grain around the lawn or compost if you have room. No need to bag it.

I compost all my grain. Well, rather pile it up by my fence. It composts rather fast. Around 4-5 months and it's basically dirt. Is great for my hop plants :)

Good idea. I have 20 rhizomes on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Both lots beside my house are empty, I've turned them into a spent grain grave yard. Surprisingly, spent grain doesn't decompose quickly, there are still piles of grain from last year.

Spent grains are great for composting. I turn my pile quite often to keep it hot and the grains break down really fast.

If you do a true compost it breaks down fast. If you're like me, just toss them in the garden or on the lawn and forget about it. The piles will hang around all winter but disappear pretty quick once it warms up.

Ive been tossing them on the garden all winter. Finally got around to tilling it under today, hoping for seriously vigorous vegetables in awhile

Latest posts

Back