brewed a hefe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike kennedy

Reaction score
my second AG, i made a hefe.

my crush.
000_0036.jpg

mashing.
000_0038.jpg

transfer to primary........split the batch.
000_0041.jpg

fermenting......tiny krausen.
000_0035.jpg

im kinda troubled about the size of the krausen.....hefes are supposed to be huge.

acctually adjusted grain bill and hops for about 6 full gallons, i dont have the equipment to do 10, but more than 5.
i let it sit in primary for 12 days, krausen never got any bigger....i actually repitched yeast just to make sure it was done....it was done.

and ya, its a nice smooth looking brew.

Just finished my second AG as well... also a hefe (American Wheat, Wyeast 1010). After opening the primary to bottle (after two week) there was just a very small krausen line; maybe 1 inch...

But it turned out tasting excellent going into the bottles, so no worries IMO.

Neal :mug:

Haha, looks like everyone did a wheat this weekend! I also did my second AG yesterday and went with an American Wheat using the Wyeast 1010. Nasty smelling dino fart bubbles last night...massive blowoff this morning!

origionally pitched two packs of wyyeast3068 wiehenstephan, the packs were dated jan/08, on the 6th day, added a pack of nottingham just to be sure.

either way, i brewed something, and im gonna drink it dammit

Back