I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really nice work LG

I can not sleep!!! All I can think about is my trip! Making travel plans is exhausting. Our 5 day trip turned into 8 days. Asked my son about getting the time off work and he said he'd quit his job before he'd miss it. I realized that if we took the train back on a Tuesday, instead of a Monday, I'd save enough money to stay an extra night at the Hilton in downtown Philly, PA. Tour the city and have fun. We can dress like bums so no one will try to mug us. First trip my son and I have taken together, just us.

Yeah, I've talked about being broke, but have saved up a secret stash. Okay, must try to sleep now. :rockin:
Oh, so you're into your "stash" again? That explains a lot.

Wow LG, that's amazing. Maybe I can redo our bathroom after all. I've been thinking of hiding the money to do it from my wife and then surprising her with a 'new' bathroom when she goes on vacation with her sister this fall.
It's a huge amount of work. I think if you really want to you can make it happen though.

LG great job.

TN, just make sure you have enough time to get it done they are less then thrilled when they come home and the bathroom is torn up. Or it could have been the window in the bathroom missing and just a large hole :D
I did the tub removal and replacement in two days some time ago. Doing the rest of it has taken another 5 days, and I'm not totally finished yet. I thought 3 days would be about right for this project this time around. Good thing I decided to take the whole week off instead.

Great work LG - definitely one of the good feelings to see the results of your owl labor like that!...
Yup, I worked the owls very hard. :D They started talking about starting a union, so I'm giving them a couple days off.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I'm still surprised that nothing really went wrong. No material shortages, other then calking. No injuries. No infestations. No mold. No asbestos.

Here is the last set of pictures for the bathroom. I still need to calk around the tub and shower surround, and on the top of the base board. However, everything else is done. I realized I didn't have enough calking left, and I don't feel like running to the hardware store today.

My baseboard is actually plastic extruded crown molding. That way if it gets wet it won't warp. I'm filling the gap on the top of the baseboard with calking to hide the waviness in the walls.

I've also got an exterior plastic window ledge trimmed and installed over the existing wooden one. I didn't like the idea of repeatedly soaking the wood in the shower.

Now, I just need to decide if I'm going to make that nectarine mead today or tomorrow. :)

5finishes1.jpg

5finishes2.jpg

5finishes3.jpg

5finishes4.jpg

Just offered SWMBO a chilled sample of my first mead - she likes it! :ban: Gravity leveled out at 1.006 and has been there for several weeks, nice residual sweetness. I racked a week ago and will stabilize and bottle it tomorrow. It's nice and clear with no sediment after the racking; I can't wait to see this in the bottle.

That just saved you some money so you can have even one more over-priced beer in Phiily! :mug:

If I have any money left after DC. Holy cow. Looking at a few menus there and I could go broke there quite happily. Some amazing beers on draft if you don't mind a $1/oz and the bottle lists at a few places are deeeepp.

My wonderful wife just stopped on her way home from work to pick you up a few southern beers that are hopefully new to you. What my beers for you may lack in rarity, I hope to make up for with quality and quantity.:mug:

If I have any money left after DC. Holy cow. Looking at a few menus there and I could go broke there quite happily. Some amazing beers on draft if you don't mind a $1/oz and the bottle lists at a few places are deeeepp.

My wonderful wife just stopped on her way home from work to pick you up a few southern beers that are hopefully new to you. What my beers for you may lack in rarity, I hope to make up for with quality and quantity.:mug:

Not that I have had a chance to try any of their beers, but i've heard great things from DC Brau. And please thank our wife(as will ion Wednesday!)

When do you head out to start your trip?

Not that I have had a chance to try any of their beers, but i've heard great things from DC Brau. And please thank our wife(as will ion Wednesday!)

When do you head out to start your trip?

Our wife? Easy there big boy. :D

We're leaving Tuesday a.m. Probably try and go for a run somewhere in Virginia, maybe hit a brewery for lunch.

DC Brau looks good, but I think they're only open on Saturdays. I'm excited about trying some beers from Oxbow, even if they are $10 for a 12oz pour.:drunk:

Our wife? Easy there big boy. :D

We're leaving Tuesday a.m. Probably try and go for a run somewhere in Virginia, maybe hit a brewery for lunch.

DC Brau looks good, but I think they're only open on Saturdays. I'm excited about trying some beers from Oxbow, even if they are $10 for a 12oz pour.:drunk:

Sorry about that ... I'm going to blame my fat fingers and iPad auto-correct (should have been your). :eek:

Sorry about that ... I'm going to blame my fat fingers and iPad auto-correct (should have been your). :eek:

I figured. Most guys wait to hit on my wife until they actually meet her.

Have you had anything from Boulevard?

Cathe7rine said:
As do I. Drunk at a bar. Living the dream

I'm pretty sure that
1. This is the only thread you've posted in, and
2. That that is the only thing you've posted.

A little mellow and soulful late night music as I get some work done (so I can enjoy Wednesday without worrying about going home to work!)

[ame="http://youtu.be/_c4R2KqPmEs"]http://youtu.be/_c4R2KqPmEs[/ame]

I can not sleep!!! All I can think about is my trip! Making travel plans is exhausting. Our 5 day trip turned into 8 days. Asked my son about getting the time off work and he said he'd quit his job before he'd miss it. I realized that if we took the train back on a Tuesday, instead of a Monday, I'd save enough money to stay an extra night at the Hilton in downtown Philly, PA. Tour the city and have fun. We can dress like bums so no one will try to mug us. First trip my son and I have taken together, just us.

Yeah, I've talked about being broke, but have saved up a secret stash. Okay, must try to sleep now. :rockin:

When are you planning on visiting BL (and what are you interested in seeing?) If you don't mind company during your one-on-one vacation with your son, I'd be down for meeting for a beer or two if the schedule works out.

This one can be a little depressing, fair warning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always thought that if a woman had sung this instead of Eric Carmen it would have been a theme song to a Bond flick - has all the standard elements: classical backdrop, soft lyrics and big crashing chorus.

[ame="http://youtu.be/EzoazPPC7b8"]http://youtu.be/EzoazPPC7b8[/ame]

I've always thought that if a woman had sung this instead of Eric Carmen it would have been a theme song to a Bond flick - has all the standard elements: classical backdrop, soft lyrics and big crashing chorus.

http://youtu.be/EzoazPPC7b8

Oh wow, Eric Carmen? I used to know a guy named Eric Carmen, not the singer. Back when I used to dig through crates of records all the time, Eric Carmen was a perpetual find.

The music for this song comes from Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto #2. It's a great piece of music.

Sorry guys, I was kinda out of it last night. I did go ahead and make the nectarine mead last night.

Gravity 1.094, before the fruit addition.

1 gallon of water
3 lbs of clover honey, I didn't measure this just an estimate based on what was left in the 5 lb jug.
4 lbs, about, of nectarines. Pitted and quartered
1 tsp yeast nutrient
1/2 tsp yeast energizer
10 oz, about, of distillers yeast slurry harvested from a batch of cider

I forgot to install an airlock until this morning. It isn't burping, so I think the 2 gallon fermenting bucket isn't totally sealed.

So, the long coiled spring on my garage door broke last night. I heard it and went out to look, but couldn't figure out what the sound was. Odd, I've never even heard of those breaking.

Leadgolem said:
So, the long coiled spring on my garage door broke last night. I heard it and went out to look, but couldn't figure out what the sound was. Odd, I've never even heard of those breaking.

That stinks. I hate garage doors. This morning I was trying to go somewhere and it wouldn't open. Then after it opened, it wouldn't close. It would just travel about a foot both times before closing/opening. I kind of just want to install a roll up door.

When I was a kid, I was walking out of the garage. I turned the lights off, and the spring broke. Scared me half to death. I had no idea what it was, though I was quite sure it wanted me dead.

When I was a kid, I was walking out of the garage. I turned the lights off, and the spring broke. Scared me half to death. I had no idea what it was, though I was quite sure it wanted me dead.

Dude I was in an elevator and that happened. *pow*! *doiiiiiiing* *ping ping ping ping ping*!

Luckily I was able to keep a cool head and tell the OTIS guy what was going on. "Ok, I'm going to joystick you to the next floor" (if I had my wits totally about me Id have said "OH HELL NO!... Oh yeah do that thanks")

Frightening as heck for 10 minutes

LabRatBrewer said:
*poof* he's gone. I saw eight very quick posts, spammer I guess, but I did like the pleading smiley face.

PP is pretty quick to terminate the spam bots. I guess I don't understand this kind of behavior... Is there actually money to be made in it? Some of the threads that are started by spammers can be pretty funny. I remember one that said something like "I like wear this when I homebrew", with a link to some skanky lingerie, 1 post member. I know that I got my email and then Paypal hacked once. This is how I felt.

image-2259891997.jpg

Yeah, I need to fix the door. It's the best access to my garage, and my shop is in there.

Hey all! I have been busy and have not caught up with any discussions going on. I will just leave you with one of the best songs ever...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude I was in an elevator and that happened. *pow*! *doiiiiiiing* *ping ping ping ping ping*!

Luckily I was able to keep a cool head and tell the OTIS guy what was going on. "Ok, I'm going to joystick you to the next floor" (if I had my wits totally about me Id have said "OH HELL NO!... Oh yeah do that thanks")

Frightening as heck for 10 minutes

I only ride Northwestern elevators. Otis is stuck on himself...who the hell couldn't invent an elevator brake? My daughter had her appendix out last weekend and I walked the extra distance to avoid the Otis. I would take the stairs but they are hard to find...

LabRatBrewer said:
I like that song. I'll have to check out more of the Misfits. Took a quick look at wiki and found that at times members of Black Flag and the Ramones drummer played for them.

[ame]http://youtu.be/iyd8dY8rRtA[/ame]

Back