What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
odinsgift said:
Alaskan Amber, waiting for my Reindeer pizza at Klondike pizza. Not at all traditional Italian, but by far the best pizza I have had in the USA.

Plus they get extra points for playing Nouvelle Vague's cover of Lords of the New Church "Dance With Me".

Summit Saga. This is kinda up there on a goto ipa for me ,like Two hearted Ale. I like how it drinks.
Wish I could try Summits unchained Pumkin Porter which i think may be discontinued.

jonmohno said:
A 3.4% Two Brothers Brown Fox Mild ale.Best ever mild,drinks like a flavorfull 6%er.They are doing a bunch of retro releases and im all over it.Its better than there other "dark mild"? i think it was. This is a brown session ale and its pretty genious @3.4%? What? The. F. ? 14 ibu. Is this what they call a "gem in the rough?" Because it fits in to that category. I mean i dont think ive even heard of a complex 3.4% beer,its just amazing to me. Maybe they just did some late hop addition and or butt, i just got some "hop goggles on", but damn.and damn again.

Double damn.. three times one minus one.

My sons birthday dinner. We drank all three of my recent brews, an APA, an imperial IPA, and a Russian Imperial Stout. all are drinking very nicely and I sent him home with a bomber and 12 oz of each (in addition to his gift, of course).

VegasBrewMan said:
I cannot wait to drink my first brew....it will taste awful, but at least its mine!

I thought my first brew would be horrendous when I was waiting for it to be done, but it turned out great! Now I'm on my 11th batch, and am thoroughly hooked. BTW, what style/recipe did you brew, inquiring minds want to know....

I'm drinking my first partial mash coffee/chocolate stout. It's delicious, but needs another week to be great!

Just had a bottle of my IPA that I bottled 8 days ago. Only had one that i threw in the fridge because I needed to fall asleep and couldnt hahaha I'm surprised to say that it is my best batch so far! After my normal 4 weeks before I crack one open, it will be amazing! Every batch I can tell I'm improving which is good :mug:

jerryteague said:
I thought my first brew would be horrendous when I was waiting for it to be done, but it turned out great! Now I'm on my 11th batch, and am thoroughly hooked. BTW, what style/recipe did you brew, inquiring minds want to know....

I'm drinking my first partial mash coffee/chocolate stout. It's delicious, but needs another week to be great!

My first brew I went with a yorkshire bitter extract. The guy at the store said it is the easiest to make and the most tolerable of rookie mistakes.

Weyerman's Double Simcoe IPA

image-847831346.jpg

Earlier today, Boulevard/Sierra Nevada Terra Incognita, Allagash Black, DC Brau Your Favorite Foreign Movie (competition winner from someone in my HB club), some hard cider I don't recall the name of, and now my dry stout and Irish red.

Earlier today, Boulevard/Sierra Nevada Terra Incognita, Allagash Black, DC Brau Your Favorite Foreign Movie (competition winner from someone in my HB club), some hard cider I don't recall the name of, and now my dry stout and Irish red.

How was the Terra Incognita? I've heard that I shouldn't bother cellaring it, and should just drink it now.

How was the Terra Incognita? I've heard that I shouldn't bother cellaring it, and should just drink it now.

Unique beer. I wasn't able to make it to SAVOR, and haven't had a chance to try it until now. Someone was able to procure a keg for our homebrew club pig BBQ this afternoon. It was...interesting. The funk and sourness was pretty restrained, so I'd think if you have a bottle then cellaring might do it some good if you want it really funky. But I thought it was quite good as is. Definitely unlike anything I've tried before. Kind of reminiscent of a Flanders Red, yet so so far away.

unique beer. I wasn't able to make it to savor, and haven't had a chance to try it until now. Someone was able to procure a keg for our homebrew club pig bbq this afternoon. It was...interesting. The funk and sourness was pretty restrained, so i'd think if you have a bottle then cellaring might do it some good if you want it really funky. But i thought it was quite good as is. Definitely unlike anything i've tried before. Kind of reminiscent of a flanders red, yet so so far away.

burp?

Dry Dock Paragon Apricot Blonde ale from NB. Nice malt-hop balance with a hint of apricot flavor. More apricot aroma. Had it for dinner with southern style barbeque. Nice pairing.
Susie

Back