Very slow fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wirk

Reaction score
I brewed an all grain batch(dry stout) OG 1.048, 13 days ago, I used Nottingham, after 3 days fermenting the room where it was went very cold so I assumed it went dormant. I made a gravity test(1.024) and moved it to a warmer place, today I made another gravity test, the result was 1.021 the temperature is 64F. I know that you recommend to give it time but I am a bit concerned because I've read that notty is very fast(also last time I used notty in 3 days the fermentation was done 1.060 to 1.013). What should I do? give it more time?

What was the original temp before moving it?

It is still going down so what are your concerns? Fermentation is still going on so give it time.

It is still going down so what are your concerns? Fermentation is still going on so give it time.

I agree. Warm it up a little more and be patient. You started out cold so that the fermentation would have gone very slow at first. At 64° it is still a bit cool so it will still be fermenting slowly.

swirl the fermenter a little, get some of the yeast back in suspension.

53 F

Well I'll try swirling it a bit. It's reused yeast by the way.

Back