exactly why

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeepDiver

Reaction score
Is that Sam Adams seasonal out now the summer Ale. This is a good beer when it is hitting 90 but just doesn't do it right now. And at this rate the Ocktoberfest will be out in July and who the freak wants that. Sam isn't the only one all of the craft beers are doing this crap now. Guess its a good thing I cam at least control my brew schedule

Is that Sam Adams seasonal out now the summer Ale. This is a good beer when it is hitting 90 but just doesn't do it right now. And at this rate the Ocktoberfest will be out in July and who the freak wants that. Sam isn't the only one all of the craft beers are doing this crap now. Guess its a good thing I cam at least control my brew schedule

Agreed 10000000%. Their Alpine Spring came out a few months ago, but wait for it.....spring JUST STARTED.

Oh, Gawd. I was in Vegas in August a few years ago. Going outside even after midnight was like being in a convection oven. It's a DRY heat, ya know, like how you get a nice brown on your rib roast.
I'm from MA, I know humid heat now and then. Got a place in AZ, too. 90 in the house there is fine with me, but dry wind is brutal.

My guess is that Sam Adams is running on an old Roman calendar, and has never adjusted for Leap Year days. That would explain it.

I will probably get about a case and tuck it away in case the pipeline gets too low, it's gonna be summer soon. Besides, buying SA to me is buying empty bottles for my homebrew and getting free beer at the same time:drunk:

I was pretty happy so the Alpine Spring when it came out. It was nice and warm back then. I was ready to get my spring beer on. They could drop that summer ale and just offer the alpine spring all summer and I'd be happy.

I was pretty happy so the Alpine Spring when it came out. It was nice and warm back then. I was ready to get my spring beer on. They could drop that summer ale and just offer the alpine spring all summer and I'd be happy.

Really? I feel like Summer Ale has an unbeatable lemon taste for a beer. I'd take that all spring and summer vs. the Alpine Spring, IMO.

I think the Alpine Spring is a little too hoppy (flavor-wise, not in terms of bitterness) for long drinking, whereas the Summer Ale goes down very smoothly on a hot day. Both are excellent in my book, however.

Saw two more summer beers today. Leinenkrugalasdpnosdnjfsjodnfojsndf Summer Shandy and Shocktop Lemon Shandy. I really could go for a nice Kolsch but so few make their way all the way down here.

My local Hy Vee is pushing all of the Summer beers - SA, SN, New Belgium, Leine, so on and so forth. If they distribute in NE and have a summer ready to put on the shelf, H-V pretty much has them shelved and selling already.

Last night I went to the corner liquor store for a change of pace. They're still selling a New Belgium Winter Folly 12 pack. It's close-dated enough that I should be able to grab it on red-tag clearance next week or the week after, I think.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Back