Anyone tried this??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know there are a few recipes for spent grain bread on the forum now... that does look damn tasty, though. Of course the guy says he's a baker and so mine wouldn't look anything like that :)

I may try a bread down the road, but I think most of mine will go towards the dog biscuits for my friends/family with puppies, and the rest to compost. I asked SWMBO if she wanted me to try it and got a 'meh' response, so I'll probably be the one eating it.

Funny, that's the same response I got. :) I didn't think of making dog biscuits. We have two big guys that would appreciate those.

Thanks for the thought....

Here's the link for the biscuits. My mom's two dogs seemed to love em, and I can vouch that they weren't incredibly tasteful, but still decent.

(...what? It's flour, grains and peanut butter!)

That looks really neat to try. SWMBO has tried her hand at breadmaking a few times with mixed success. To be honest it amazes me how much work and time go into real bread-making. This does seem worth trying though. She and I really love the smell of the spent grains post-mash and it's always with some hesitation that I dump them onto the compost heap.

Thanks for the link, definitely forwarding to SWMBO.

Latest posts

Back