Dirty Jobs - Hop Harvester

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info. I think I set that up to record right now.

everyone take a couple pellets of cascade outta your freezer, smash em up, and drop them in your IPA before watching.... mmm... hops....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

YAY!
I love watching hops... hops like hopes... light and fluffy with the sweet body of malt...

Wow, that's a lot of hops. Cascades and IIRC about 10 other varities. How many tons did they say were harvested by that one farm? I just want to walk the grounds and pick up the scraps.

sorry... too busy slobbering over the hops that were on the floor next to the conveyor to the kiln room...

Hop%20Harvest%20OR.jpg

Hop Harvesting
The Best 35 days of the Year!

Was watching this and wondering:

Is this how heaven smells?
Which job would I want?
Why is Mike Rowe wondering why a 70+ year-old guy would be working here?

My answers after some thought(not much though):
Yes:D
I'd do just about any of them
Mike Rowe must be a BMC drinker?

Okay.

So did anybody keep watching til it got to the parchment maker?

Dude, that skin stretcher chick was a little freaky but HAWT!

Okay.

So did anybody keep watching til it got to the parchment maker?

Dude, that skin stretcher chick was a little freaky but HAWT!

Yeah, that was interesting. I think the best part was when he was popping the zits on the goat skins while wearing the Hop Union hat. It was pretty gross.

Yeah i like both segments. buy I have to tell you when i was 19 i worked in a place that had a wing night we went through 4 cases plus of wings. I got tired of wings for a couple of years. So i;m thinking the workers are wine drinkers LOL

Hop harvesting was probably one of the least dirty jobs on the show. I'm sure there are cirty jobs like maintaining and cleaning the machines, etc. IDK... all they showed was standing on the back of a tractor, hooking vines, and pushing hooks into a machine. No pits of death, no puss filled eruptions of goo, no vortexes of crap... fun for beer drinkers tho!

I forgot about it. Then someone in the office who doesn't even brew told me how awesome it was this morning. I hope I don't forget the repeat.

Back