Mexican Style Cervesa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andoniu83

Reaction score
About to brew Midwest 20-minute Mexican Style Cervesa as a gift to my in-laws since they love Corona so much. Read a couple reviews from the Midwest website pertaining to color of the finished product being a little to dark compared to a normal Corona.

Any advice on how to get the color as lite as an actual Corona? I was thinking full boil would be best since I wont be caramelizing the LME then, but I just wanted to get everyones input on this one. I DO NOT want to give a gift of homebrew and it not be up to my serving standards.

Also, would it be ok to bottle in clear bottles like the regular stuff comes in? Never experienced with clear bottles but want to get the brew as close to the real thing as possible for them.

Thanks to all that give advice

I have not made this kit or style of beer.

I would add in 1/2 the extract, boil, add hops then at flame out add the other 1/2 of the extract. You REALLY have a lesser chance of caramelizing the LME this way.

Clear bottles are fine, I did read a few threads that the brewer did use clear bottles and left them in direct sunlight for 2-10 minutes to intentionally skunk them, if you want that aspect to it as well. It is easy to ad skunk by exposing the bottles to direct sunlight but impossible to unskunk them if they get "over skunked".

GL!

Back