• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Flash Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Striker169

Reaction score
I have a Cornelius challenger 1 origonally designed for soda but it will work for beer too, its designed to take beer at room temp and get it to serving temp instantly. I posted it on craigslist with more info and pictures. I dont want to ship local pickup perfered. I can meet someone either in Austin or Memphis (close to school)

http://austin.craigslist.org/bfs/1658419808.html

Does anyone know what the internals are like on a chiller like this? I'm just wondering if there are any parts that would pick up soda flavors and transfer them to beer. I'm guessing this is highly unlikely but who knows.

Does anyone know what the internals are like on a chiller like this? I'm just wondering if there are any parts that would pick up soda flavors and transfer them to beer. I'm guessing this is highly unlikely but who knows.

Inside, you fill it with water, then it forms and Ice Bank that you would run the lines or place a cold plate inside of it. So there isn't anything that would pick up or even hold soda flavors.

Inside, you fill it with water, then it forms and Ice Bank that you would run the lines or place a cold plate inside of it. So there isn't anything that would pick up or even hold soda flavors.

I see. I imagined a set of permanent lines in the unit similar to a cold plate. I thought if any seals where in it could harbor soda flavors.

Sounds like a nice tool for a mobile setup.

Interesting device. Question though, what is the shelf life of a tapped unrefrigerated keg? Do you need to worry about spoilage from room temperatures when using something like this?

Interesting device. Question though, what is the shelf life of a tapped unrefrigerated keg? Do you need to worry about spoilage from room temperatures when using something like this?

Beer does not go bad at room temperatures, unless you're exposing it to prolonged high temps.

I have moved back to Austin for good now, so this is no longer much of an option to anyone around memphis that is unless you want me to ship it.... but I have a feeling that would be expensive.

Back