Advice on Kegerator Components

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkinslow

Reaction score
This is my first post, so here goes:

I am a beginner brewer that has done about (10) 5 gallon batches, and I've bottled them all.

You could say I've contracted the disease that is common on these boards. I'm ready to up my game a little bit, and begin kegging.

My goal is to build a kegerator out of a mini fridge that can hold (2) 5 gallon cornies, with a tower coming out of the top.

After reading the boards and shopping around the web, I think I'll begin by purchasing the following components from Keg Connection:

2 "A" Grade cornelius kegs

3" Stainless Tower, with 2 Perlick 525 Stainless Faucets, ball lock disconnects

Taprite dual body, 3 gage regulator. It seems like a good idea to be able to run each keg at different pressures.

Any comments or advice on these particular components? I may price shop a little bit, but for me, quality is probably more of a consideration than cost.

Next I will try and track down a mini fridge. I will look on Craigs List, but may buy new. Any advice on one that is large enough to accommodate all this stuff?

For CO2, I plan to use a 5 pounder, and just put down a deposit with a local shop then swap in and swap out.

Is there anything I'm missing (other than lines)? Advice before I go further?

Back