Has anybody used Birch Syrup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopHoarder

Reaction score
I have around 6oz of Yukon Birch Syrup sitting around in my fridge and was wondering how this tasty elixer would work in beer. It's definitely stronger tasting than maple syrup so flavour-wise I would think you wouldn't need as much as one would with maple syrup.
I currently have a little 2qt carboy (extra beer in that was in primary that didn't fit in my secondary) of a standard brown porter sitting in secondary as of yesterday and thought that might make for a good experimental project. While I could add it to the secondary I was thinking of adding it with the priming sugar mixture before bottling as I would with bourbon.
Considering it's only 2qts we're talking here maybe just using a couple ounces of birch syrup?

I tossed in 3oz of birch syrup and used that solely for my priming sugar since it's a birch syrup/ sugar mixture anyway. I'll crack one open in a few weeks and see how it goes.

Latest posts

Back