Vertical Epic 05 clone - How long to secondary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColonelForbin

Reaction score
its already been in for 2 weeks and i was thinking about keeping it in for two more weeks. is this fine?, or should i keep it in longer? also, how do you determine how long a beer should be kept in secondary?, i know it varies for multiple styles so is there a particular chart or anything showing how long a particular style should stay in secondary? thanks.

1.083. this is my second homebrew ever. im using an extract clone kit from Austin Hombrew.

Let me tell you about bigger beers. Lazy LLama's drawing says it best.

chart.jpg

I have a 1.090 OG Belgian strong that took 3 months just to carb, and at 9 months is starting to lose the rocket fuel taste....I am not going to touch any more of them til they are a year old. I only have about 6 or 8 bottles left, it was a somall 2.5 gallon experimental batch.

Personally I would let that bad boy sit in secondary for 2-3 months and then bottle it, and plan on it needing a couple more months to bottle condition....and then you woull have a beew worthy of the name stone vertical epic....which are beers meant to be cellared and even tested vertically....

Get brewing other, lesser strength beers that won't require as long as a conditioning time, so you can give this one the time it needs.

You won't be sorry. :mug:

Back