Budbo's WTF2? Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budbo

Beer is good
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Okie, I modified the recipie asking for opinions:
My Purpose was to Create a moderately high ABV, Bitter/hoppy American pale ale.

Recipie (extract):
.5lb British Crystal 60L (for tea) 45 min at 155degrees
6lb Light DME
2oz Tettnanger pellets (60 min)
.5 oz UK Northdown (Northern brewer) pellets (60 min)
.75 Hallertauer leaf (15 min Flavor)
.5 Saaz leaf (aroma)
1tsp Irish moss (15 min)
WLp002 california ale yeast
.25oz Hallertauer leaf (Dry hop)

Expected OG 1.055 (actual 1.054)
Expected FG 1.012
ABV 5.7% ish
IBU 37
Color SRM ~9

What you guys think? will this work? I brewed it, so I hope so, but would like feedback (first recipie I invented myself)

Brief History: WTF Ale was my second ever batch , first batch without kit..many mistakes were made, but the brew came out nice (a bit sweeter and less "hoppy" than expected) but was a hit at work (one of the guys has been competing for years and grades my brews.. he emailed me that it was Hazmat and I needed to send him the whole batch to make sure it was disposed of properly, I took that as a huge compliment from a guy who has won national awards..)

interesting choice of hops...good recipe, it wouldnt hurt next time to throw in a few lbs. of 2 row, and up the crystal to 1 lbs, steep that for 1 hour @ 155 and youve got yourself a nice little mash that will add a nice malty back bone to your beers...cheers!

Latest posts

Back